Diagnosed with endometriosis. Taking pill from since years. Causes?

I have been on the pill for 5 years and diagnosed with endometriosis and I had my period 3 weeks ago and I have stopped spotting quite heavy since what's the go ?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Since you have stopped taking the pill, it is common to have minor hormonal imbalances like the spotting that you are having now. This is likely to subside gradually and your periods will become regular in 1-2 cycles.
In case the spotting is persistent and you need to use a pad daily then it is best to consult your gynecologist and get some hormonal tablets like norethisterone prescribed to stop the bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.