Diagnosed with dyslexia. Can this be treated?

I lost a good job due to my misplacement of numbers on charts and my inability to copy numbers from one chart to another without confusion. I was since diagnosed with dyslexia. Can this be treated? If not, what are good jobs for dyslexics?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A proper clinical review by an neurologist compel

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

the most important step in the management of suspected dyslexia is an appropriate diagnosis and classification. This should normally be done by a neurologist with specific tests. When diagnosed, depending on whether it is mild, moderate or severe, management strategies are different.

Jobs that involve much writing or reading are not suited for patients with moderate to severe dyslexia. However, treatment options are available depending on the duration and the intensity. Many patients do however respond very favorably to treatment.

I strongly suggest you consult your neurologist. As earlier mentioned, jobs requiring much reading are writing are adapted for patients with severe dyslexia. However, a proper clinical review by an neurologist is a priority. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.