Diagnosed with duodinitis following biopsies of duodenum and colon. Prescribed save pain, loose stools and nausea. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I have recently been diagnosed with duodinitis following biopsies of the duodenum and colon. I have been prescribed dicetel duspatalin and nexium. There was no traces of h pylori in my results. Over the last week the sambloating and pain has become worse and over the past few days have been experiencing loose stools and nausea today i had white bubbling foam in my stools. I live on an island in Malaysia and my doctor is on the main land and won't be practising until next week. I would appreciate your thoughts. I will add i am a British women and not Malaysia I'm 46 years old thanks
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It looks like gut infection.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting in XXXXXXX

The drugs Dicetel,Duspatalin are used in Irritable bowel syndrome.Nexium is esmoprazole useful for duodenitis.

Your symptoms look like gut infection, particularly large bowel. I usually prescribe Antibiotics Rifaximine, Metronidazole and a Pre and Probiotic capsule to my patients with similar complaints.

Nothing to worry. It will come down.

Please take care of the food and water you take as these are the sources of infection.

Hope I answered your query.

If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health