Diagnosed with dudoiumulcers and colitis. Found lesion on upper north pole on kidney. Have reddish brown spots and streaks on lower back. Cure?

I was diagnosed with several dudoiumulcers and colitis cut found a liesion on the upper north pole on my right kidney, I have had bad diareahafor over five months and bad lower back pain with stomach payou in, it seems to ease when I lean forward, fatigued, and now I have large reddish brown spots and streaks all over my lower back can you help me?
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks for the query,

You were diagnosed with duodenal ulcer and colitis and have been having diarrhea for the past 5 months. Also, you have back pain and stomach pain, fatigue and now reddish brown spots on your lower back. Not sure i understood what you said about the right kidney.

Well, duodenal ulcers are most often due to acid production and erosion of the duodenal mucosa. A bacterium called H. pylori most often is associated with this erosion and duodenal ulcer is about 4 times more frequent than any other ulcer.
It presents with epigastric pains or pains at the level of the sternum, belging, bloating etc. the pain may worsen after certain food and may be relieve by others. Duodenal ulcers could be relieve by avoiding food types that provoke the pains, eating regularly, avoiding pepper, spicy food, alcohol etc. In people who are positive for H. pylori, an eradication plan is usually necessary.

Colitis is an inflammation of the colon and various types exist include autoimmune or inflammatory ( crohn's or ulcerative colitis), infectious, idiopathic etc. Symptoms may include abdominal pain, loss of appetite, fatigue, diarrhea, cramping, urgency and bloating.
Signs may include; abdominal tenderness, weight loss, changes in bowel habits (increased frequency), fever, bleeding (overt or occult)/bloody stools, diarrhea and distension. Treatment is specific to the type of colitis. Infectious colitis requires antibiotics, autoimmune colitis requires immune modulators and/or suppressors etc. Generally, diet modification especially in autoimmune colitis is highly recommended.

Duodenal ulcer and colitis could explain the symptoms you have but for the reddish patches on your back that appear more to be due to a different cause.
With a history of diabetes, skin infection is possible and has to be ruled out first as it is a common complication of diabetics. In case of skin infection, antibiotics will be needed but like all antibiotic prescription, should be prescribed by a medical doctor. If you are bed ridden, it is also possible that the reddish spots are due to pressure sores in which case changing positions is highly recommended.

You should XXXXXXX an internist for follow up and appropriate management.

Hope this answers your query, if you have more query or further query, i will be glad to respond.

Best regards