Diagnosed with double layer endometrial thickness. Advised MRI. Concerning?

Question
Hi. I just received a diagnosis of a double layer endometrial thickness of 2.4cm. Also says thickening secondary to retained blood and possible cervical stenosis. Being sent for an MRi. Should I be concerned? My doctor says not.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
A double layer endometrial thickness of 2.4 cm is not a worrisome finding. This is possible due to the retained blood in the uterine cavity.
The possibility of cervical stenosis needs to be investigated. MRI scan is the best investigation for detecting any lesion in the cervix.
It is best to get yourself investigated and detect any pathology early. If your recent PAP smears are normal then there is nothing to worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with double layer endometrial thickness. Advised MRI. Concerning? 8 minutes later
My most recent Pap smear was in October and it was normal. Is this recent enough or should I have another to be on the safe side?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Since the last PAP smear was more than 6 months ago, it is best to go for a repeat test.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.