Diagnosed with diverticulosis. Leads to pain in lower abdomen, urinating frequently. Why does it pain even during sex?

i am 35 yr old past few weeks i have been getting really sharp stabbing pains in lower part of stomach i am also passing urine alot more than usual i was diagonsed with diverticulosis last november im very careful what i eat as i am intolerant to cows milk nuts n soya proteins at times the pain feels like contractions but i know im not pregnant as got sterlised 7 yrs ago recently had a smear done since then pains have got worse also hurts during intercourse please help
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 27 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you get fever with chills?
2.) Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
3.) Do you get blood while passing urine?

There are many reasons for such kind of sharp, stabbing pain in lower abdomen. These include UTI), Kidney stones, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) , etc.

But it has to be confirmed by physical examination. Kindly get yourself examined by a Urinalysis.
3.) Ultrasound of Abdomen.
4.) Blood Sugars to rule out Diabetes.

Once confirmed, you will be treated accordingly with antibiotics and analgesics along with other necessary treatments if your doctor seems it to be necessary depending upon the cause.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.