Diagnosed with diabetes during pregnancy. Taking novomix. Can Miprogen be taken for baby's growth?

Hi, I am 12 week pregnant. I was advised by my gyna to take miprogen for baby's growth. Within 2 days my blood sugar result came and I was diagnosed with diabetes (with 4 weeks pregnant). I am taking insulin injection novomix 30, 10 units each in morning and night. I have fibroadenoma in my breast. Can I still take the medicine as I was just checking on miprogen to check if it will compensate for calcium and iron as I assumed that if it is for baby's growth, it should have all these and came to know that it is not safe with my condition. Kindly advice
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Brief Answer: miprogen not useful now Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Miprogen is a drug used in early pregnancy to help sustain the pregnancy . It's not effective after 14 weeks pregnancy . In your case i don't think it will help much at this point . It's not a substitute for Iron and calcium . You need to take the iron and calcium separately . It's very important . Along with that insulin as advised with strict monitoring of blood sugar .