Diagnosed with diabetes. Facing difficulty to maintain erection. What to do now?

HI iam a 40 year old male I was diagnosed with tytpe 1 diabetsis laast August my sugar had sky rocket ed 896 Im having trouble regulating it and usualy run as low as 50 i can get an erection but have had trouble keeping it the whole way trough sex and now Im being told that my partner is pregant and Im having trouble understanding if this is even a possibilty with not even being ale to keep a full erection
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The first thing is that with type1 diabetes, your sugar levels of 896 are quite high to produce deadly complications like diabetic ketoacidosis which can kill a patient even when in hospital.
You can not control the sugar because you have no business in that field. The endocrinologist or an expert physician is a right person to be consulted for this and follow the advise diligently.
The strength of erection or it's duration or quality has nothing to do with fertility.
If your partner is pregnant you could be the biological father even if you have short erection time.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!