Diagnosed with dextroscoliosis in thoracic spine, stenosis and osteophyte in spine. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi my name is XXXXX l am 59yrs old and was recently diagnosed with reversal of the lord is.dextroscoliosis in the mid upper thoracic spine, stenosis and osteophyte formation near my spinal cord. My Dr suggests a prosthesis because of this. What are your thoughts. This is most evident at T7- T11
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes you can take support of thoracic brace Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. If you are having respiratory difficulty or you need for cosmetic correction then you can go for scoliosis correction. If there is any neurological involvement then you may need surgical correction. Yes you can take support of thoracic brace as your doctor suggested. For symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.