Diagnosed with cyst by US but have burning and stabbing pain. Suggested to remove ovary. Advise?

I have been having right sided pain which was diagnosed by ultrasound as a complex cyst. a 2nd ultrasound reveals everything to be normal but the pain is continuing and worsening. it feels like a burning pain almost as if something is snagged and comes in spasms. I also have sharp stabbing like pains. they still want to remove my right tube and ovary and I'm wondering if it could be something else? I'm concerned that this is not being diagnosed properly. the gynaecologist who examined me said my uterus was compacted and rigid. is this related?
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you should get an MRI and re-evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
You had a complex cyst proven by ultrasound.
It is very difficult to believe that such a cyst can resolve without treatment albeit simple cysts are known to resolve spontaneously in some cases.
Your clinical findings, symptoms and first ultrasound report are correlating to indicate a persistent problem so it is advisable that you should get an MRI of abdomen to further clarify this issue.
Some times such pain may be related to some chronic pelvic inflammatory issues like PID, endometriosis or brooding infection.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with cyst by US but have burning and stabbing pain. Suggested to remove ovary. Advise? 9 hours later
So do you believe a lapascopy will be able to determine the exact cause of my pain even if it is appendix or bowel related?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Choose either pathway.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
Surely it will, it is advisable in your case as it caan be diagnostic and therapeutic both that is if needed they can handleany other disease also if found during the laparoscopic procedure.
If you can get a contrast CT abdomen you may get almost equivalent information and if the problem is not demanding surgical intervention then you may save yourself from going under the knife.
You can choose either pathway.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!