Diagnosed with condyloma acuminata. Prescribed flucos tab, apply loceryl & podowart cream. Is it safe to apply them togrther?

I appear to have condyloma acuminata and was prescribed as follow:
1. Flucos 200mg twice a week for 2 weeks
2. applying loceryl cream every night before sleep
3. applying of podowart every once a week for around 2 hours.
Is it be safe to apply the two together? Used it only a week but have not yet been cured. How should i go on ??
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 36 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Condyloma acuminata is viral infection caused by virus HPV.

You need to consult doctor again to make sure if you are having fungal infection or not, because Tab. Flucos and loceryl cream are anti-fungal drugs.
Condyloma acuminata do not need anti-fungal drugs.
You can continue Podowart which destroys genital wart tissue.

Even in case of associated fungal infection, you cannot use two creams together.
You can skip loceryl on the day of Podowart application.

If you do not get cured with podowart alone, there are other drugs called Trichloroacetic acid. It has to be applied by doctor in his clinic.

Still if symptoms persist, other options like cryotherapy, electrocautery are available options.
In case if still your condition remains same then only laser is used or surgical excision will be treatment.

So make sure you do not have fungal infection. Do not take unnecessary anti-fungal drugs.

Even if you have fungal infection with condyloma; do not apply loceryl and podowart simultaneously.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.