Diagnosed with concussion after injury. Cleared of any bleeding. Is it possible to have bleeding after concussion?
User rating for this question
Hello! I was recently (11/17/2013) diagnosed with a concussion after I walked into a wall (dummy) and was cleared of any bleeding in the brain with a CT scan yesterday after I had experienced tingly-ness in my hands. I was wondering though if it were at all possible to cause my brain to bleed after a concussion by doing things like sitting down a little too hard or performing quick motions with my head or would I have to hit my head pretty hard to cause my brain to bleed?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: concussion Detailed Answer: DEAR SIR HELLO I have gone through your medical history in detail . Its good that you suffered only concussion & not a intracranial bleed. Concussion is basically a shaking injury to brain without any bleeding . It may present as occasional headaches , occasional numbness in fingers /dizziness etc. Nothing much to worry about . Symptoms normally recover in few days/week. WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY THANX DR XXXXXXX K XXXXXXX Director Deptt. of neurosurgery
Follow-up: Diagnosed with concussion after injury. Cleared of any bleeding. Is it possible to have bleeding after concussion? 2 minutes later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX K Nath! I know that I have a concussion but was wondering if I could cause an intracranial bleed with sudden head movements like sitting down hard or moving my head fast. Thank you. :)
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: concussion Detailed Answer: DEAR SIR HELLO MY BEST WISHES ALWAYS Sudden head movements like sitting down hard /moving your head fast is UNLIKELY to cause any intracranial bleed /injury to brain as brain tissues are very well supported by fibres/ fascial barriers . Intracranial bleed / injury is mainly due to ACCELERATION/DECELERATION injuries of brain . You can safely do all normal movements of head & neck Thanx Hope this answers your querry Feel free to ask any further querry Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- What do mottled veins look like
- Why are penis lighter at shaft
- What does mucus in stool look like
- Is tingling of the hands or feet a side effect of suboxone?
- What does mucous on stools look like
- What does midline shift look like
- Is tingling of the hands or feet a side effect of bystolic?
- Is seizures a side effect of carbidopa/entacapone/levodopa?
- Airplanes flying after concussion and brain injury
- Is sudden, wide mood swings a side effect of carbamazepine?
- Having dizziness after head injury should i worry about concussion
- Nausea and headache after head injury concussion
- Is tingling of the hands or feet a side effect of copaxone?
- Head injury concussion
- What do you suggest for concussion after a head injury