Diagnosed with colon cancer - adenocarcinoma. Can you suggest some good doctor/hospital for treatment?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
My father-in-law has been diagnosed with colon cancer - adenocarcinoma. Can you suggest some good doctor/hospital for treatment in Hyderabad?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 39 minutes later
Hi

Colon cancer needs staging investigations to confirm that the disease has not spread and then a surgery. It may be followed up with chemotherapy.

There are many good centers in Hyderabad. My suggestions-

1. Dr MV XXXXXXX - XXXXXXX hospital
2. Dr XXXXXXX Rajappa - Indo-American Center

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow-up queries, if any.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with colon cancer - adenocarcinoma. Can you suggest some good doctor/hospital for treatment? 22 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any feedback about Apollo Cancer hospital, Hyderabad?
Would you recommend any doctor there?

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
It is also a good center. You may consult Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX there.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with colon cancer - adenocarcinoma. Can you suggest some good doctor/hospital for treatment? 43 minutes later
Thank you. I will book an appointment with Dr. Rajappa and Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks a lot for your replies.My father-in-law is coming from Kolkata tomorrow. I will probably ask you some follow up questions/doubts once the diagnosis and treatment gets underway.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 58 minutes later
okay, not a problem

Follow-up: Diagnosed with colon cancer - adenocarcinoma. Can you suggest some good doctor/hospital for treatment? 30 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

As I understand, surgery is a must for colon cancer. It might be followed by chemo depending on the stage of the cancer. So, right now, we need a surgical oncologist. The doctors you have suggested are all medical oncologist. Will they be the best person to guide us towards a good surgical oncologist.

Hope I am not bothering you.

Thanks
XXXXXX

I am fully aware of that but being a medical oncologist myself I have much more contacts in this field than surgery.
Unfortunately I am not aware of any good surgical oncologist at Hyderabad. I am sure there are many.

The people I have suggested will guide you to persons they rely on.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with colon cancer - adenocarcinoma. Can you suggest some good doctor/hospital for treatment? 2 hours later
I understand. Thanks for your prompt responses.
We are going for some consultations tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
I have just received the reports..thought of sharing with you.

Colonoscopy was done followed with biopsy.

Colonoscopy report - sessile polypoisdal lesion seen at 40 cms from anal verge.
biopsy - moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 12 hours later
This much is aleady known. Now we need to stage it and formulate the treatment plan.