Diagnosed with cll leukaemia. Lump and blood blisters appeared on chest. Are they related?

Hi I was diagnosed with cll leukaemia 2yrs ago I'm 51yrs old and I am getting round wart like lumps appearing on my chest and arms also I'm getting loads of red blood blisters appearing on my chest and arms just wondering what they are and are they related to my leukaemia.
I'm on watch and wait and are not having any treatment at present.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 13 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

You said you have CLL for 2 years but not mentioned anything about the stage or any othe symptoms. You have mentioned that you are on wait and watch.

If the CLL is in control (normal hemoglobin and blood platelet counts, no liver spleen enlargement) then these wart-like lesions are unlikely to be due to leukemia. They can be viral warts or simply moles. But if the CLL is not in control or even otherwise, there is a possibility that they may be due to infiltration by CLL cells. That can be best ascertained by biopsy of a typical lesion.

The blood blisters seem to be unrelated to be due to CLL.

If you can send me pictures then I may guide you better. In any event these are worth a look by your hematologist/oncologist.