Diagnosed with chronic fatigue. Lethargic and depressed while gaining weight. Cause of concern?

hi i have been sick for many years the dr dx me with chronic fatigue . i have questioned my thyroid due to weight gain for no reason. i have always been thin, but now i am 100 lbs over wight. my tsh result for the past 4 years starting at 2013 are 1,78 , 1.58, .38, ,35, ,34, ,35, ,35. even though i am in the referance rang, the results went up when i started to gain weight and became lethargic and depressed. i am a 52 yo woman
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Lethargy, fatigue and weight gain, suggests hypothyroidism. Although your TSH values are in reference range it is persistently varying.

I would like to know, T3 and T4 levels. TSH levels may vary but T3 and T4 levels are very important in diagnosing thyroid condition.

As per your clinical description I strongly suspect hypothyroidism. A visit to your general physician would be worth it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wishing you a good health.

Thank you