Diagnosed with cholesterol. Prescribed Feno corp. Stopped medicines. Next course of action?

Hello Doc, My Wife is diagnosed to have cholesterol count of 275, she is 45 years old.
The Doctor has advised to take medicines "Feno corp" one per day.Also advised to do daily exercise. Both of us go for daily walk for 40 mins(25 days a month), offlate she has stopped taking the medicines(after using for 3-4 months) as she read somewhere in the magzines that these medicines would not help if exercise is done.Please advise next course of action
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I think the next step in her case would be to go for repeat lipid profile in blood tests. It is possible that with 3 - 4 months of medicine the cholesterol may have lowered to normal or near-normal range.

Till then she should continue exercise and dietary modifications like low calorie diet. She should reduce the fatty and greasy food. She should also get in touch with her physician regarding stopping the medicines. Maybe she has other concerns apart from the article in the magazine.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Diagnosed with cholesterol. Prescribed Feno corp. Stopped medicines. Next course of action? 13 minutes later
Thank you very much for oyur prompt reply,
I Shall come back to you after couple of days.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 18 hours later
Hi again.

Will wait for the reports.