Diagnosed with cervical spondylitis and eye swelling with severe pain. No relief. Whether pain is due to spondylitis?

Pt is a K/c/o cervical spondylitis, presently had a complaint of rt eye swelling with severe pain shown to the OPthalmologist , but still no relief. Wheather the pain & swelling of rt eye is due to spondylitis. waiting for reply
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 4 hours later
Thank you for the query.
I have read your query and from that I can tell you that there is association between spondylitis and eye as it causes inflammation known as iritis.If you were my patient I will treat you with corticosteroid eyedrops and dilating agent drops after doing slit lamp examination.Hope your doctor prescribed these drugs.If not consult him again and explain about your spondylitis problem.
Hope this answers your query.You are always welcome for the follow-up questions.