Diagnosed with cerebral spondylitis. Suffering from back pain. Suggest some diet plan. How to get relief?

I have been recently diagonised with cerebral spondylitis, though the consulting doctor said it was nothing to worry about. I also suffer from severe back pain frequently, for the last 3-4 years. I have been doing yoga, but didn't find any benefits as such. Is there any other way by which I can lessen the frequency of the pain? Is there anything in particular I should avoid? Does any particular diet help in fighting such pain?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rudramani Swami 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Doctor must have told you it is cervical spondylitis not cerebral spondylitis. Cervical spondylitis at very young age is less likely.

It usually comes at middle age or older age.i would like to suggest you to continue neck and back exercises and yoga.Avoid t using pillow while sleeping.Muscle relaxant both oral and local application may help you.

If pain is still unbearable and not responding to analgesics and muscle relaxants i would like to suggest do MRI whole spine screening.

At this young i would also like to rule out ankylosing spondylitis if pain improves with exercise and worsens at rest and night .

If their is any evidence of sacroilitis on MRI.If such changes are their you have to do HLAB 27,rheumatoid factor,anti CCP XXXXXXX level.A rheumatologist or orthopedic surgeon may help you more.

No diet has shown to improve the conditions. However during general practice we advice greens, roots and calcium XXXXXXX food.

Hope this help you,i will be available for further queries if any.