Diagnosed with cellulitis. Having severe lung infection and urinary tract infection. Not responding to antibiotics. Advise?

Excellent

Question
Hi I was diagnosed with cellulitis 2 weeks ago and now I have a severe lung inf. and uti. Saw PCp he did no blood work. I have not responded to the antibiotics
How long does it take
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cellulitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Delighted to be able to help. I have seen the attached picture.
What antibiotics have you taken?. When not performing sample analysis is used antibiotic useful for all kinds of infections for example Amoxiciline-Clavulanate.

However,It is important to take a blood sample to know the bacteria that caused your cellulitis and lung infection.With the result of this analysis, we know the bacteria and antibiotics that kill bacteria and therefore you will respond to the antibiotic.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.I wish you good health.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with cellulitis. Having severe lung infection and urinary tract infection. Not responding to antibiotics. Advise? 49 minutes later
I have taken keflex 500mg 4 xday now i am on cephlaxin for uti since friday and i am in excruating pain with this uti also taken azo pills

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
The important is ,as soon as possible, to take a blood sample
and also a sample of the foot area where you have cellulitis to know the bacteria that caused your cellulitis and lung infection.
Until the results , in my opinion Amoxiciline-Clavulanate 875/125 mg thrice a day can be taken for treating your infection. Please consult your local physician for a prescription.
I Hope I have answered your query.If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and , please ,don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with cellulitis. Having severe lung infection and urinary tract infection. Not responding to antibiotics. Advise? 6 minutes later
What about the uti? My doc. Did not do a blood sample. I also have moderate amt of ketones in my urine.

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infections

Detailed Answer:
Hello.Delighted to be able to help.
A blood sample,foot sample and urine sample for analysis are necessary to know the bacteria that cause your infections.Your doctor must request those analysis.
Until the results , Amoxiciline-Clavulanate 875/125 mg thrice a day is more effective for treating your infections than Cephalexin. Please consult your local physician for a prescription.