Diagnosed with cancer in kidney and lungs. Tumours in diaphragm. Metallic smell in mouth. Does it indicate cancer in liver?

Infertility Specialist
My husband diagnosed with and operated on kidney cancer, now in lungs and tumours in diaghram. has a terrible metalic smell on breath, and is very jaundice. Is the cancer in his liver.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Based on the history you have provided, your husband has metastasis of cancer to Lung and diaphragm. Metastasis means growth of cancer to different organs from primary organ. Primary cancer was in Kidney. Unfortunately there is metastasis of cancer to lungs and diaphragm.

Based on the history of Jaundice, I presume the metastasis has spread to liver.

My suggestions for you are:

1) Please get liver enzyme values tested ( Liver function tests).

2) Consult your Oncologist who will do an Ultrasound of liver to confirm metastasis to liver.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.