Diagnosed with bv and yeast infection. Taking medication. Feeling irritation in labia minora. Suggestions

I have been diagnosed with bv and yeast infection. Im currently taking bv medication then I was told to take the yeast medication when im done. My problem is my right labia minora is irritated on the inside of it. Almost an invisible line where the irriration occurs and im still itching a little i think from the yeast. Now my period is about to come is there any cream I can use to stop inflammation and itching since I cant take yeast med. Yt?
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later
Firstly the irritation that you see along with the inflammation and itching is due to the BV . You need to keep using the medication and start the yeast infection meds also. Sometimes when both infections occur simultanously you can take the meds together.You need to start some probiotics to balance the vaginal flora. Many are available in the market. Alon with that start the ointment given to you for the yeast. It will keep the area lubricated. You can apply Canestan cream (its an antifungal) locally.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with bv and yeast infection. Taking medication. Feeling irritation in labia minora. Suggestions 5 hours later
Thank you for replying! The nurse game flagyl oral for the yeast amd told me to wait an hour after taking my last bv medication before taking the can i take something like azo yeast ? Or use hydrocortisone on that area? I tried using the ointment that comes with monistat but my area does not take to well to that
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
The ointment i gave you has hydrocortisone in it. Along with an antifungal. Take the oral flagyl also. The cream is necessary because local action occurs faster.