Diagnosed with bronchitis and having sharp stabbing pain. Easy way to get cure?

I was diagnosed with brnchtitis 3 days ago, still having sharp stabbin pains?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 4 hours later
Thanks for posting the quwery on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from repeated episodes of bronchitis along with pneumonia and you are also diabetes along with.

2. Diabetics are at an increased risk of infections, including respiratory infections.

3. You need to get yourself evaluated in detail by a Pulmonologist.

4. Investigations that may be required are complete blood count, chest xray, sputum examination, pulmonary function test. Based on the investigations the further line of management can be titrated. You may require a prolonged course of antibiotics, inhalers, and oral medicines. Also your diabetes control needs to be ensured. Blood sugar fasting and postmeal will reveal the status along with HbA1C (glycated hemoglobin).

5. Also yearly flu vaccination and 5 yearly pneumococcal vaccine are recommended in you.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist