Diagnosed with bronchitis. Taking proair. Facing abdominal pain and breathing difficulty. Cure?

I have been waking up every night and cant breathe. I went to er a couple nights ago and my chest xray was normal and I was diagnosed with bronchitis. It has been 6 days now and its getting worse. I was prescribed pro air w a spacer but it doesn't seem to be helping. I keep getting pains n the middle of my stomach and wonder if it is muscle pain from coughing or if something is wrong with my stomach also. It feels like I have indigestion even though I have barely had an appetite. The pain in my stomach comes and goes. It almost feels like Im having contractions but im not pregnant. Can you please help me figure out what can stop the stomach pain and what can help me breathe better. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your anxiety with the host of problems that you are having. As there is a history of asthma and chronic bronchitis your doctor may have to adjust your dose of Pro Air and may even have to change the medication for your difficulty in breathing.

The stomach pain needs to be re-evaluated and you may request for a ultrasound of the upper abdomen for evaluation of your gall bladder. In the interim you can have some antacids and see if it provides relief.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with bronchitis. Taking proair. Facing abdominal pain and breathing difficulty. Cure? 2 hours later
I actually had gallbladder surgery in 2010 but the pain is similar to the gallbladder attacks I used to have except I don't have a gallbladder. Do u think it could be stomach spasms? I had those as a child also. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 33 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

As you have had gall bladder surgery the chances are that the pain could be because of the stomach spasms that you are mentioning. Did the antacids provide you any relief? I suggest you have them along with tab. ranitidine. If there is no immediate relief then you may have to consult your doctor for a clinical re-evaluation.

I hope I have clarified your doubts.

Wishing you an early relief.