Diagnosed with bronchitis. Prescribed Z-pack. Detected pneumonia. Given Roceflin shot. Having itchy ears. Started on Clarithomycin. Side effects?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Was diagnosed with bronchitis on Sunday and given a z-pack. Ended up at the doctors on Tuesday with pneumonia and was given a shot of roceflin (?), symbicort inhaler, doxycycline and prednisone. Took the doxycycline and prednisone on Wednesday and got itchy ears and started to have anxiety. Doctor took me off prednisone and doxycycline on Thursday and I started Clarithomycin on Friday. Took one pill with no reaction but the anxiety I am feeling is incredible. Is this from the prednisone? I have to take another dose of the Clarithomycin but am afraid of a reaction.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Anxiety is reported side effect of both calritomycine and prednisone,but this is usually not significant. It is hard to determine is it side effect or there is psychosomatic reaction and fear about taking the drug from your side.
If you miss last dose it wont have some effect on recovery,but you can take it together with some benzodiazepines of anxiety occurs.
Wish you good health. Regards