Diagnosed with bronchitis. Feeling shortness of breath and cold in chest. Looking for cure

Sep 2012

I was diagnosed with bronchitis, and although my cough is mostly gone, my chest still feels cold , and i still feel short of breath at times. How long does that last and what can I do to help it go away?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 11 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Bronchitis is a chronic disease. It will take time for complete cure. It has very high chance of recurrence. It is not possible to tell you the exact duration. Because, that depends solely on your immunity status.

In this condition, you may experience this type of shortness of breath without any obvious cough. It is common. For this, you have to use some inhalers containing broncho-dilator agents. Best inhaler in this regard is levosalbutamol. It is the best drug to start with. If it fails to give you any result, then you have to take the inhalers containing budesonide group of drug.

So, all you have to do is to keep an inhaler in your bag. Take it regularly.

Apart from that you can take fresh fruits and some multivitamin agents to increase your immunity power. Avoid getting cold.

You can consult with your treating doctor about the inhaler.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.