Diagnosed with blepharitis. Having swollen eyelid and damaged cornea. How to get cured completely?

I was diagnosed with blepharirits 5 years ago. Doctors have also said its due to my rosacea. My left eye lid is swollen and makes one eye look smaller than the other. I do warm compressions reguarly and then lid massaging to unblog glands but this is not having any effect. Im not sure whether my eye lid is swollen and I should give cold compressions. I am using FML for a long time now once a day in my left eye. I was using dooxycyclin for long time also but stopped this about 9 months ago. I have tried changing my diet and even though this has made my skin better, the rosacea does not disappear completely and I do not wish to take any medication. This is only affecting my left eye and not my right. I also have damaged cornea underneath my left eye and to which I see a cornea specialist every 3-6 months. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us
If you are using FML eye drop for underlying corneal pathology then it is a different matter otherwise lid margin problems are not benifited by eye drops.
Another course of doxycline for about a week is always welcome.
Steroid eye ointment applied daily at bed time for about a week may give you a lot of relief.
As long as you want to avoid too much of medication a support of foamentation and massaging is very useful.
Any further query ,please do get back to us

Follow-up: Diagnosed with blepharitis. Having swollen eyelid and damaged cornea. How to get cured completely? 17 hours later

What other steroid eye ointment would you suggest? I am using lacri lube at night time.

Thank you,
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
Steroid ointments come by the name of Terracort,ocupol D or eye ointments which contain dexamethasone ,betamethasone or hydrocortisone.
The basic precaution with these ointments is that there should be no ulceration in the cornea.
I would make sure of that before starting steroids locally,that too at bed time for 5-7 days only.