Diagnosed with bleeding hemorrhoids, had blood in stools. Should I be concerned?

General Surgeon
Hi i was diagnosed with bleeding XXXXXXX hemmroids and external.I passed a pink stool today with red looking jelly stuff in it. I had a blood test a few months agothat came back fine as well as 2 digital exams both of which showed hemmroids! Should i be concerned?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should get operated

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX

Hemorrhoids are not serious illness; but many at times they cause recurrent and painful episodes requiring surgery. Therefore I would be a bit concerned and hope that you get this treated at the earliest.

If I were to be treating you, I would start you on stool softener and encourage you to take high fiber diet with plenty of water. I will recommend that you to consider surgical options.

You can discuss with your family and your treating doctor and get this removed.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health