Diagnosed with bacteria in stomach. Prescribed klacid and flagyl. Is it safe to have alcohol?

Question
Hi, I was currently diagnosed for bacteria in my stomach. I was prescribed Klacid, Flagyl, Amoxidin and Nexium.
I wanted to know is it possible to have alcohol while im taking these tablets
And I recently purchased OxyElite Pro diets pills can i mix??
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You should not consume alcohol due to contraindication of multiple levels.
You are having a gut infection so a component of inflammation is there which would flare up with alcohol induced gastritis.
You are having Metrogyl which can cause disulfiram like reaction with alcohol, you may feel nausea, vomiting, sweating and terribly sick with this reaction and your enjoyment can turn a punishment anytime.
Oxyelite pro you can take but take care you can not take more than three capsules in a day.
If any doubts please revert back! or Byeeee!
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Diagnosed with bacteria in stomach. Prescribed klacid and flagyl. Is it safe to have alcohol? 20 minutes later
So what your saying is I can take the Oxyelite pro pills??

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I am sorry I missed your name during typing in first answer, I hope you would forgive me for that.
Yes you can take Oxyelite pro with these medicines even when having gastric trouble/alcohol.
It would be in your best interest if you do not drink.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Diagnosed with bacteria in stomach. Prescribed klacid and flagyl. Is it safe to have alcohol? 3 minutes later
Thank you very much.. One last thing is what I have (gut infection) serious. It slightly worries me.. And what foods should I avoid
Thank a lot for the help and is this an automated sight, or are you really answering my questions

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
I am really typing my advise for you and unfortunately no computer can take over this complicated job to make automated site.
You know how slow I am at typing still just doing it for my beloved patients.
You should avoid fried foods and fast foods which have lots of spices which add up to cause inflammation. This rider is limited till you recover fully, later you can enjoy delicious eat outs as well.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!