Diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. Is this a sexually transmitted disease?

Yes please. I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepititus. It is killing my liver. My doctor who diagnosed me through a biopsy told me I was not a canadite for a transplant. To go home and wait to die. What I want to know is can I give this to someone else through sex.

Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 19 minutes later
Autoimmune Hepatitis is a disease of the liver that occurs when the body's immune system attacks cells of the liver. This disease is not contagious or infectious and hence is not sexually transmitted. The types of hepatitis that are transmitted sexually are the hepatitis B and C viruses.
So, don't worry. Autoimmune hepatitis is not transmitted trough sex.

Dr Nilofer