Diagnosed with asthenoteratozoospermia and grade 1 bilateral varicocele. How to get cured?

May 2013
i am married 10 years back,still i dont have any child.i was diagnosed as having ASTHENOTERATOZOOSPERMIA AND GRADE I BILATERAL VARICOCELE.WHAT SHOULD I DO TO OVERCOME MY PROBLEM?PLEASE HELP ME
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

Varicocele can affect the seminal quality by causing increased testicular temperature and venous reflex.
So your reduced sperm motility and abnormal forms can be because of that.

Now the treatment options depends on your wife's investigations:
-If she is not having any problem related to fertility you can go for treatment of varicocele.
It can be surgery or per-cutaneous embolisation.
You can go for medical treatment also to improve seminal quality but when there is structural defect medicines may not be effective.

-But if your wife is also having some problem with fertility you can go for artificial reproduction methods like IVF or ICSI etc.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.