Diagnosed with anxiety. Feeling headache and swollen vein in the back of head. Is this common?

I was diagnosed with anxiety at 16, now I am 21 and lately have felt extremely anxious and have been panicing continuously. Lately I have had a lot of headaches on the sides of my head and recently felt as if I have a swollen vein in the back of my head but I have no actual pain there. It's just a sensation of something being swollen. I don't know what this could be I don't actually feel a vein when I touch my head. Do you know if this is common in people with anxiety? Could it be my worrying triggering something else, any help would be amazing thank you!
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi Forero,
I think you have the manifestation of uncontrolled anxiety state.
The headache you are having is most likely a Cluster Headache, a typical headache of anxiety sufferers.
I would like you to be examined by a physician there and get to know whether he feels/sees something locally abnormal in the examination.
Also get the treatment of anxiety optimized so to make you free of panic attacks and level of anxiety to decrease to acceptable lows.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.