Diagnosed with acute follicular conjunctivitis. What are the causes?

ENT Specialist
yes please I was diagnosed earlier today with acute follicular conjunctivitis and I'm scared shittless... a few things... I have 2 roommates...should I not be inside the home around them at the moment? Also, not finding too much on the intenet as to major causes for such a there anything you can tell me as to the major causes? herpes simplex comes up alot and I have never had any herpes symptoms...
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: take antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hello acute follicular conjuctivitis is an infectious condition . You are correct that your roommates might get this infection. It is a bacterial infection. You need to take antibiotic eye drops like moxifloxacin, wash your eyes with clean water, donot use a dirty hanky,take oral antibiotic -quinolones like ciprofloxacin. You must keep in mind it spreads by fomites ie nonliving objects like hanky, clothes,pen, pencil etc. Secondly you need to take antibiotic and take care of yourself. in doubt do reply.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with acute follicular conjunctivitis. What are the causes? 45 minutes later
So what are the major causes of the condition?? I am taking my antibiotics as prescribed. Is this also an airborne bacteria??
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 11 hours later
Brief Answer: take rest. Detailed Answer: Hello yes this is air borne infection .Is caused mainly during the spring season. Is has allergic part too with it. For the treatment part continue wih medicine and take rest. Do wash eyes with clean water.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with acute follicular conjunctivitis. What are the causes? 7 hours later
Are all forms of conjunctivitis cureable?
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes its curable Detailed Answer: hello, Yes conjuctivitis is curable . The only thing is take proper medication .