Diagnosed with acute bronchitis. Blood panel, EKG, X-ray are normal. Taking medicine. Excessively worried about illness

Cardiac Surgeon
Hi, I currently have been diagnosed with acute bronchitis. My EKG looks great. My Chest X-Ray looks great, and my blood panel looks great. These tests have been verified by an ER doctor. I am currently taking medicine to fix this issue. The problem is that I am constantly thinking about the illness (short of breath, coughing). I am always excessively worried whenever I am ill. I am afraid the medicine will not work or I have acquired some superbug I cannot fight. I don't handle these situations well.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Nisarga 29 minutes later
I can understand your situation very well. It is good that your bronchitis problem has not caused any problem to your heart(EKG is normal). The medications which you are on are all alright.
You look more worried about your health problem than normal. The cough and occasional breathlessness is common in bronchitis. But you can have it controlled well because it is not a chronic one as you have mentioned.
Medicines definitely will work, do not bother about that. Think positively, try avoid thinking about your illness. You will be well soon better.
I wish you all the best.