Diagnosed with a straightening of the neck curvature. Experiencing pain in forehead. How to get cured?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have being diagnosed with a straightening of the neck curvature. I experience dull pain across the front of my forehead mainly at evening and night. Can dull forehead pain be a sympthom of my condition. Difficulty getting sleep when pain is there.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The dull pain in the forehead is not likely to be related to the straightened neck curvature. There are various reason for headache, the common ones are
Vascular headache
Eye problems
Cold and cough
High blood pressure
Gastric problems
Your physician after examination will decide the probable cause of headache and will also advise some investigation as per need.
In mean time, please do following which should help,
Take good adequate sleep
Plan your diet and well
Do regular exercise
Do not take any medicines on your own.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with a straightening of the neck curvature. Experiencing pain in forehead. How to get cured? 5 hours later
The neurologist I have seen believes it is caused by tension headaches. A second opinion concluded after a CT scan of C1 & C2 that I have arthritis of the neck joints and believes a nerve block will assist with the pain. I have being asked to visit a chiropractor as the space gaps in my neck vertebrae have contacted leading maybe to some nerve compression and manual therapy is required. I am confused. I do suffer from anxiety due to not being able to find an answer.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Arthritis of the neck joints is not likely to cause persistent headache unless there is associated nerve root compression. Doing cervical isometric exercises and muscle relaxants with mild pain killers under the guidance of an Orthopedician should be able to take care of the headache too.Going to chiropractor for manual therapy is not advisable.
Tension headaches are considered when all other causes have been excluded after a physical examination by a neurologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.