Ask a Urologist   »  

Diagnosed with a spinal mass. What does a urinalysis result of SQ, epithelial cells 0-2/hpf mean?

What does a Urinalysis result of SQ. Epithelial cells 0-2/hpf mean? The result says it's abnormal on the paper, but no one addressed this. Could this be a problem? The same day I was diagnosed with a spinal mass but an MRI has not yet been performed
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Presence of 1-2 squamous epithelial cells in the urine is not worrisome. These cells do line the urinary tract and keep on shedding from time to time. This is not indicative of any pathology and is certainly not related to the lump on your spine.
Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal