Diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder and feeling weak. Could it be due to anxiety?

Left side weaknesshi i ama 27 year old female i am 5'6 and weigh 320 i was diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder. since then i have had ekgs blood work cat scan electrocardiograms and all normal but the left side of my body is still really weak can this be cause by anxiety?
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. and I read your mail with diligence. Blood reports and EKG can be normal despite lesion in the brain causing left sided weakness of body. However, as you have written, I will add a rider that is:
If CAT scan was done 24 hours after the onset of weakness with weakness still persisting then it means there is no organic lesion (I am assuming you had been seen by a doctor and CAT scan has been reported by a competent person). That leaves your doubt of anxiety causing it to be true. Can you describe the degree of weakness that will help in strengthen the diagnosis and help in following it up.
My suggestion would be, here I am also taking into account your weight to ask your doctor about any support group which is operative in your community. That will go long way to help you.

If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)