Diagnosed with Squamous cell carcinoma as a result of tonsil surgery. What are survival rates?

I have been diagnosed withSquamous cell carcinoma as a result of a surgical procedure on my right tonsil What are survival rates with this type of cancer? Thank You
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

I can feel your concerns

Squamous cell carcinoma if properly removed surgically has a survival rate of 5 years approximately 50 percent.

Surgery is essential again, otherwise it spreads quickly to blood and other organs.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.