Diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma after complete Mastectomy. Could this be due to metastasis from breast cancer?

Excellent

Question
Can breast cancer ( not a tumor ) most common breast cancer ...located in the milk dukes, but was called "metastasis?(diagnosed Dec. 2011) Had surgery and complete Mastectomy of the right breast. I have auto immune disease (Myasthenia Gravis) I now have Squamous Cell Carcinoma at the middle of the right arm.( diagnosed Nov. 14, 2013) Could this have been metastasis from the breast cancer? My last blood work CEA results were a 5.9. I need to have this test repeated now to make sure it was not a mistake. If the results are the same I will have some scans preformed. Just trying to keep myself pro active in my medical care. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, it can be metastasis Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! I am very sorry about your diagnosis. Yes, it can be metastasis from your breast cancer. Chemotherapy and radiotherapy can also cause a transient increase in the levels of CEA because of destruction of tumor cells and into the blood stream. It is sometimes increased in heavy smokers. However, further scans and thorough evaluation is needed to confirm whats going on with you. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma after complete Mastectomy. Could this be due to metastasis from breast cancer? 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply...just to add I had no chemotherapy and radiotherapy. The tissue margins around the breast and lymph nodes were clear at the time of my mastectomy. The breast cancer was found early. I am a non smoker. I am fair skinned and red hair. Would you have an idea where the cancer is most likely to metastasis in the body when it has started in the breast. Thank you, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Guru 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Bone, brain , liver and lungs Detailed Answer: Hi, Sorry for delay in replying. We had a technical issue here. Apologize for that. Bone, brain , liver and lungs are most common sites for metastasis in breast cancer patients. However, The most common tumor to metastasize to the skin is breast cancer. The pattern noted and the microscopic appearance often suggests the likely tissue of origin. The overall incidence of cutaneous metastasis in breast cancer is 5.3%. Generally, the histologic features of the metastases are similar to the primary tumor, although metastases may be more anaplastic and exhibit less differentiation. Anyhow, there are variety of possibilities that it can be totally a separate cancer unrelated to your breast cancer. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!