Diagnosed with SVT. Is it safe to take vyvanse with this disorder?

hi, I was diagnosed with SVT and it's been acting up lately. Is it XXXXXXX to take vyvanse with my disorder?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

It has not really been studied a long-term clinical trials but Myamber standing of the mechanism of action of Vyvanse leads me to determine that I would recommend that you discontinue this medication.

This medication does have a stimulatory effect and it is possible that this could lead to irritability of your heart as well. The risk of continuing this medication is far outweighed by the possible benefit that would be provided by stopping it as soon as possible.

I realize this medication may be helpful for you regarding attention and energy levels but I would really recommend that you discontinue it to avoid complications related to your heart.

Thanks again for sending your question. If you have additional follow-up questions I would be happy to review those with you.

Dr Robert