Diagnosed with Proctitis. Taking Satrogyl and Naturolax. Proper treatment?

I have been detected with traces of Proctitis.My gi has prescribed my Satrogyl 300 and Naturolax.Will it help me
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Satrogyl is an antibiotic which contains Satranidazole and Naturolax is a Laxative which will soften your stools and prevent constipation. You have been prescribed right medications, no doubt about.

Proctitis is an inflammation of the lining of the rectum. The prescribed medication when taken regularly should relieve you off your symptoms.

You may discuss with your doctor to know if IBS) is associated with proctatitis. Further treatment specific towards IBS may need to be initiated if necessary.

Apart from the given medications, you can try this self-care measure at home:

1.) Eat food which is XXXXXXX in fiber; this should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Drink plenty of water.
3.) Avoid food just before bedtime, otherwise this should cause you to have bowel movements causing discomfort at night.
4.) Perform sitz bath with warm water thrice daily or after every bowel movement.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.