Diagnosed with Pnet scrcoma on the cervix. Can I get some information on this?

our 24yr old granddaughter was diagnosed May 6th with Pnet sarcoma on the cervix. Please give me some info about this cancer. I do understand that it is very fast moving and invasive.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Primitive neuroectodermal tumours (PNET) are actually very invasive and rapidly spreading tumour.

Prognosis or outcome in this cancer is very vital. Aggressive treatment at the early phase is primordial. My suggest is discussing with your gynecologist to be referred to the gynecologic oncologist and radiologist for appropriate chemotherapy and radiotherapy is an emergency.

Immediate removal of this tumour might bed necessary in some cases. This is usually a very rapidly spreading tumour.

I suggest an urgent evaluation by gynecologic oncologist or general oncologist. Feel free asking further questions if necessary.

Thanks and best regards,

Dr Luchuo, MD.