Diagnosed with Perianal Dermatitis.Prescribed with Lulifin cream & Abzorb Powder. Proper medication?

I have been diagnosed with Perianal Dermatitis.The Dermatologist has prescribed me an Antigungal Tablet (to be taken once per week for 4 weeks),Lulifin cream & Abzorb Powder to be applied in the Anal area & Lactobacil plus (to be taken twice daily for 3 weeks) & he will review again after 3 weeks..What I would like to know is wether it is the right course of treatment.Instead of Lulifin should I apply nadimix.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 41 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
Seems like your doctor suspects it to be a case of intertrigo or fungal infection of anal area. The site is quite prone to it due to sweat accumulation and continuous wetness.

The treatment offered is apt to treat perianal fungal infection. Antifungal tablet( most probably fluconazole), lulifin cream( luliconazole) will help in containing fungal infection. Abzorb powder or clotrimazole powder is not only an antifungal powder but also has an absorbing capacity so will help in curing fungal infection and also reducing the moisture in the area. Lactobacil plus is a probiotic supplement or contains good bacteria of gut and these are supposed to have a role in preventing yeast infection if any. Personally to treat infection in such areas I prefer using a mild steroid antibiotic combination along with antifungal cream instead of using a plain antifungal cream as it gives better result in my patients. But I would advise you to stick to your doctor's prescription. Have trust in your doctor as the treatment has been prescribed after examining the area. You would get to know if the treatment is right by the response or relief you get in your symptoms.

Hope that helps. Should there be any other query,feel free to write back.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with Perianal Dermatitis.Prescribed with Lulifin cream & Abzorb Powder. Proper medication? 9 minutes later
Thanks for your advice! Please let me know if I can apply Nadimix instead of Lulifin cream in my anal area.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
You may use nadimix cream but do not use it beyond two weeks as it contains mometasone which might prove to be a strong steroid for anal mucosa if continued for long without doctor's supervision.

Hope that helps. Take care