Diagnosed with Parkinson disease, taking carbidopa. Have uncontrolled arm movements. Suggest?

Critical Care Specialist
i was dignosed with parkinsons desease 3 years ago and was taking carbidopa it started making my arm movements so my doctor took me of and I now taking asilect my third day i'm feeling slow will I improve in time I liked the carbidova but not the body movements
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 5 hours later

Thanks for writing to Health care magic.

You are suffering from parkinsons disease and was on carbidopa for its treatment. Carbidopa has side effects like uncontrolled movements of a part of body and or hand tremors along with many more side effects. This side effect develops after prolonged therapy. This side effect is reversible which means once the drug is discontinued this side effect will go away.

Asilect is Rasagiline. It works by increasing the levels of certain chemicals in the brain. Feeling slow is the side effect of ascilect along few more side effect. The side effect will go away with time and your condition will improve. There is nothing to worry.

Hope this answers your question.
Do write back if you have any more queries

Dr Sadiq