Diagnosed with Panic Attack prescribed Nexito Forte and Amlong. Have water retention in feet, erection & orgasm problem

Hi Doctor,
Recently I have been diagnosed with Panic Attack.Doctor prescribed Nexito Forte(5 mg) ,and Amlong
and advised to use for 2 months.I have been using these drugs for the past 20 days.
My problem is , I have water retention in my feet and erection & orgasm problem.I am 60 year old.
Please advise.I am residing in India.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 18 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

Nexito forte contains escitalopram and clonazepam.

Edema feet and erectile dysfunction may be a side effect of escitalopram and clonazepam. So you should contact your psychiatrist for detailed evaluation.

Doctor may rule out other physical causes of your symptoms including Blood pressure, liver as well as renal functions.

Doctor may reduce the dose of drug or may switch over to different drug like peroxetine depending upon the your examination.

You may also get benefit in panic attack by doing breathing exercise and meditation.

Avoid caffeine or nicotine and alcohol if any, as they may also trigger panic attack.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.