Diagnosed with PCOS, started provera. Started bleeding with clotting. Is it normal?
User rating for this question
Hi I was wondering if u could help me. I have been diagnosed with pcos, and have recently started taking Provera twice a day I have now started my period and have found that I am clotting quite badly, and was wondering if this is normal or not? I also had to take the morning after pill, levonelle, almost a week ago. Could this be playIng a part in the clotting as well? Please help A.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hormonal imbalance Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. PCOS can present with menstrual abnormalities like delayed periods, anovulation, hypomenorrhea etc. If you used provera after delayed periods, that can lead to increased amount of withdrawal bleeding. Because due to delay in periods, endometrium might have grown thick. During coming out that will appear as clots. Provera can also cause menstrual irregularities as side effects. Emergency contraceptive pill may lead to menstrual irregularity, by causing hormonal imbalance. Especially in case of repeated intake. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW As you are having excessive flow, better to consult gynecologist once and take anti fibrinolytic tablets to control the bleeding. Along with these tablets, you can continue provera as per the schedule. Possibly this type of menorrhagia may not repeat in next cycle. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Provera pill to start period
- Provera heavy bleeding clots
- Provera 10mg to start period
- Why do i feel dizzy and blurred vision
- Have cramps and white cervical mucus had miscarriage normal
- Why do flashing lights cause seizures
- Provera kick start menstruation
- Provera to kick start period
- No periods after having partially protected sex worried
- Late periods had partially protected sex help
- Delayed periods asked to take primolut what to do now
- Mild bleeding after miscarriage should i be worried
- Who does tuberculosis affect
- Why cant i get rid of scabies
- Why can i shake my eyes