Diagnosed with PCOS. Gaining weight. Looking for ayurvedic solutions

Ayurveda Specialist
Iam 30yr old mother, with sedentary life style.I am diagnosed with PCOS.Due to that Ima putting on weight.If there is some solution fr that in Ayurveda, kindly suggest.
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 18 hours later

I have gone through the details submitted and would like to suggest that the mention of sedentary life style at the age of 30 is the biggest hindrance. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) adds to woes with such attitude, as our attention along with cyclic changes is always fixed towards obesity, sugar and growth of facial hair in such cases.

Medicines offer good cure but they work still better when dietary checks and exercise schedule is added.

I would also suggest you to get your thyroid profile also done.

Amongst ayurveda medicines tablet medhohar guggul and tablet hyponidd [charak] will offer you good help.

Keep bowels clean; if needed trifla can be used as a laxative at bed time.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any other query, feel free to post it to me; I will be glad to address it.

Wish you a perfect health

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul