Diagnosed with MGUS. Taking tbl 12. Looking for suggestion

Hi I am XXXXXXX and I was diagnosed 2 years ago with MGUS though I don't have clinical details. My question is {since I am thinking of self medicating with TBL12} Why are people with a history of thyroid problems excluded from theTBL 12 trial?
Thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in. In MGUS we usually do not recommend any treatment unless there is progression to myeloma. TBL-12 has shown some activity in myeloma but it is not clear whether it slows progression of MGUS to myeloma.

However, it is an extremely well tolerated product with rare side effects. I am not sure why they excluded patients with thyroid disorders. A currently ongoing study, which is not recruiting new patients, did not exclude such patients. You can access that study at WWW.WWWW.WW
Now it is really upto you whether you want to take it or not.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow-up queries, if any.