Diagnosed with Lupus . Have tiredness, voice changes, feeling cold and having hypothyroidism. Advise?

Jun 2013
Hi, my name is XXXXXXand I am 41yrs of age. I am currently diagnosed with Lupus, and also have symptoms of extreme tiredness, voice changes such as horse voice, feeling cold all the time and have had a Thyroid function Test done recently. My TSH was 1.16 in 2003, and now in 2013 it has jumped up at 2.56 with Free T4 of 14.4, and Free T3 7.0 H. Could you please tell me what this means.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 14 hours later
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. It seems from the short history that you have provided here, you have had a hysterectomy in 2004 and are 41 years of age with a diagnosis of lupus. Having hypothyroidism can make other medical conditions worse. The TSH value of 2.56 indicates that you have borderline hyperthroididsm. I usually use a small amount of Levothryroxine like 25 mcg for patients in your condition and have them follow up with me in 4 weeks. I hope this helps.

Take care and let me know if you have further questions.