Diagnosed with Leukemia. Anemic from 3 months. What can be done?

Is there or where can I find a list of qualified doctors/oncologists in Los Angeles county? My father has been diagnosed with leukemia and I would like to take him to get a 2nd opinion. His regular doctor knew he had anemia for 3 months before he let anyone know.
We only found out when we took him to hospital for fatigue and nose infection.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 17 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

I think you would be best served by seeking a second opinion from a university oncology program. In LA this would include USC or UCLA.

You might contact either of these institutions to schedule a consultation and review of the medical records.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr Galamaga