Diagnosed with Klebsiells derived from urological procedure. Developed mass on testicles. Suffer skin burning penile discharge. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I was diagnosed with Klebsiells P That derived from a uroligical pocedure That I had done Back in November last year, While awaiting on a + diagnosis, I had developed a Mass in 3 areas of My Left tesitcle, Which had to be removed, Is there any relation To The klebsiella infection, and the testicle becoming infected, I did also suffer skin Burning discharge penile discharge for several Months, while the infection was going on, Please advise, Thanks
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is infection of the testicle .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone some urological procedure (You have not mentioned the procedure ) in Nov 2012,following which you developed infective masses (Collection of Pus)in your testicle which necessitated to remove your testicles.

You had severe infection causative organisms being Klebsiella Pnuemoniae.Klebsiella Pnuemoniae is resistant to almost all commonly used antibiotics and that is the reason your infection has prolonged for a long time and spread to Testicle due to direct spread through Vas Difference and blood stream.

Please get culture and sensitivity of the discharge done to ascertain any change in nature of organisms and pattern of their sensitivity so that you can take appropriate antibiotics as per culture report .This will help to combat infection and in healing of the wound.

Please clean and dress the wound (if any) properly with anti microbial agent like Betadine .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Klebsiells derived from urological procedure. Developed mass on testicles. Suffer skin burning penile discharge. Suggest? 6 minutes later
So the Klebsiella Infection Over several Months spread to that region, Causing the Masses that where found in the testicle itself? And yes the procedure done back in November was a cystoscopy that was preformed originally .

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cystoscopy can not cuase such a severe infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
The Cystoscopy can not cause such a severe infection.Please go ahead with test I have suggested and start treatment .It should will get recovered within 2-3 weeks.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Klebsiells derived from urological procedure. Developed mass on testicles. Suffer skin burning penile discharge. Suggest? 4 hours later
I meant to say, Was it the Klebsilella itself, That caused the Testicle Masses to form, From the Pus and the infection being left untreated all those months?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is pssible that it may other bactrial infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.In the beginning it may be other bacterial infection which later on got invaded by Klebsiella Pnuemonae and got localised to form abscess in the testicle.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.